« Home | Everyone's a f***ing comedian. » | Interlude » | Once in a Full Moon » | Hiatus » | Glow in the dark - an open letter to the Russians » | Smile! » | Tak. Mówię po polsku » | Happy to help! » | You want what? » | Reasons to be Cheerful »

Jingle Blargh

I'm so glad that's over. Words cannot describe my 'Christmas'. I'm exhausted to the point of tears (and spent my break locked in the lavs at work yesterday, sobbing like a small child). Here are my highlights:

  • being called a 'vile racist' for saying the 'C********' word, when explaining why someone could not see an emergency dentist for a loose tooth at 22:00 on the 25th
  • drunk people, needing ambulances, but not knowing where they were on holiday
  • trying to understand why someone would call at midnight on the 25th, when we had an 8 hour callback time for non-urgent calls, because she was concerned that her skull was not perfectly smooth like an egg

Dear reader, I only wish these stories were fabricated. After four days of this mindbending idiocy I have lost all faith in humanity. I intend to spend the next three days drinking until the room spins, and eating curry!

Hmmm curry. Know the feeling.

/hug

I hope your days off are full of rest, relaxation and indulgence! Take it easy.

I think drunken behaviour should be rewarded with two years in the Nick, it wouldn't stop people getting drunk, but it would stop the prats ringing us up to tell us about it.

SD
;-)

I work for NHS24 (Scottish equivalent of NHS Direct) and I have to say our Christmas, sorry, Festive period hasn't been any better. I think our call back time peaked at just over 8 hours and I have to say my highlight of the whole three weeks of hell had to be someone phoning in to say they had had a swelling underneath their knee cap for the last 8 months!! Not to mention all the other general shite we've had. I sympathise with you as I've been there myself and I've seen the horror!!

Wow, swollen knee for 8 months is a good one. There was one in our queue "clicky bones - 2 months" and I spoke to someone who'd had abdo pain for 5 years on New Year's Eve. Gave her the worsening symptoms instructions, she phoned 5 times in two hours!

ECParamedic - drunks callers should have to enter their card details, we could bill them accordingly!

excellent blog, well done.
We use NHS Direct alot and they were stunning when I had over done it in the garden and had the same symptons as a heart attack ,I thinnk they may have called an ambulanec I don't remeber too well because the ambulence crew gave me GN spay and I was off with the pixies

Post a Comment