« Home | Reasons to be Cheerful » | Introduction »

You want what?

Advice for some of my frequent callers:


  • No Sean, anal sex with your boyfriend won't get you pregnant. You've asked this very often, I'm worried, have a word with your mum or dad about the birds and bees.
  • Dorothy - I'm really not sure if cream crackers can be taken with tea or they're better with a cold drink, I checked the BNF but couldn't find any interactions.
  • Josephine - that flaky patch of skin on your nose happens to most of us in Winter. While I can't promise that it isn't cancer, the fact that you've been calling about it for two years gives me hope.
  • Dorothy again - I don't know about bread and tea either. Once again the BNF has let me down.
  • Tony - Remember how your CPN told you to stop buying meds from your friends, or swapping yours for cigarettes? It's sound advice, and you should take it. If you don't listen then you'll spend more and more of your time thinking you're a caterpillar. It's not productive. I desperately want you to become your inner butterfly!
*names have been changed to protect my sanity. If I see your real names again I will snap.